How Much Can a RAM 1500 Tow?
With the right equipment, the RAM 1500 can tow a maximum of 12,750 pounds, earning the light-duty pickup a Best-in-Class V8 Engine Towing* capacity. With greater capability than the 2018 RAM 1500, while delivering better fuel efficiency, the all-new 2019 RAM 1500 has the power and performance you need for Hermitage job sites in addition to daily commutes. Learn more about the new RAM 1500 towing capacity with Bob Frensley Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram FIAT below!
RAM 1500 Engines & Capacities
With a choice of three engines, the 2019 RAM 1500 brings a unique set of performance capabilities to your Nashville drives. A standard Class-Exclusive TorqueFlite® 8-speed automatic transmission comes paired with each of these options:
- 3.6L Pentastar® V6 Engine with eTorque — 305 hp, 269 lb-ft of torque, 7,730 pounds maximum towing capacity.
- 5.7L HEMI® V8 Engine — 395 hp, 410 lb-ft of torque, 11,610 pounds maximum towing capacity.
- 5.7L HEMI® Engine with eTorque — 12,750 pounds maximum towing capacity, 395 hp, 410 lb-ft of torque.
Payload capacity ranges from 2,100 to 2,300 pounds, depending on the trim you select.
More Features for Easier Towing
These options don’t rely on engine power alone to deliver the RAM 1500 towing capacity you’re looking for. With some of the best features in its class to provide improved assistance over other light-duty pickup trucks, towing a camper or heavy equipment across Old Hickory has never been easier:
- TorqueFlite® Transmission: The eTorque mild hybrid system helps the RAM 1500 deliver up to 17 mpg in the city, and 23 mpg on the highway.
- Largest-in-Class Brakes: 4.9-inch brakes provide RAM 1500 drivers with improved halting.
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection: Keep a better eye on blind spots and automatically account for trailer length with this available system.
Test Drive the 2019 RAM 1500 at Bob Frensley Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram FIAT in Madison!
Need to know more of the details concerning the 2019 RAM 1500 interior features, including mobility and technology, and RAM 1500 weight? Or want to compare RAM 1500 vs. 2500? Contact us today, and then stop by our dealership for a test drive! When you’re ready to take the next step toward driving your new RAM 1500 home, our knowledgeable sales team, friendly finance experts, and experienced service personnel will work as a team to find you the model that checks every box on your list of unique needs.
When you want to learn more, be sure to compare RAM 1500 Crew Cab vs. Quad Cab trucks to help make your decision a bit easier. Or if you’d like to learn about our favorite local tips, we’d be glad to help you learn about our favorite fall activities.